I've come to realize - and not for the first time - that I am happy with who I am. This may seem like an egotistical statement for sure, but for me it's something I've needed to be able to believe far years now.
I have always believed that once I was comfortable with who I am, and what I want in life, that everything else would fall into place. And, of course, like most well-laid plans, it hasn't quite happened that way.
Now, I know I'm not a patient person, but this is getting a little ridiculous!!
I mean, everywhere I look, there are couples...whether they are just starting out, or taking another step in their relationship, they are everywhere, and maybe it's b/c it's spring I don't know, but I have definitely noticed more of them EVERYWHERE!!!
And I just want to be one of them. I have never been someone to conform and wear labels - I don't own anything from Lululemon or Apple - but this is one label I want: a couple.
I am dying to be labelled as a couple.
Can you smell it on me? Does it smell like desperation? Maybe that's why people stay away?
Whatever the reason, it happens. I get too excited right away and then nada.
Or maybe, as I keep hearing, it's not the right time. But that has been the story of my life, and frankly, I'm getting a little tired of that excuse.
Because that's exactly what it is: an excuse.
For a girl who has always tried to stand out in rhe crowd and be original, I feel like I am blending in pretty well right now. Too well in fact.
I guess I just need to have faith in the thought that "Mr. Right" or whatever, will be able to see me through all the crap out there.
I guess, again, the bottom line here is trust and patience. The 2 things I have struggled with my entire life.
I guess I'm bound to believe in them sooner or later, right?
- xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment