Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Awakening the soul.

There is nothing quite like being in a new place, surrounded by different people and sharing stories. It is such a liberating and eye-opening experience. I feel so open, alive, awake.

Travel ocean I'vawakens my soul. It gets me out of my comfort zone and shows me all the love and life there is in the world. And I want nothing more than to be apart of it.

If I could travel for the rest of my life, I would. If I could live in a different country every year, I would. Every country, city and town I have visited has left it's mark on me in some way - whether it be a great love, an amazing experience or simply the uniqueness of it, I will always remember every place I have been.

And isn't that something we should all strive for?

I feel that we should really experience our lives. The sadness and despair, happiness and joy. Every experience should be embraced and learned from.

If we do nothing to learn from prior experiences, and we remain the exact same person our entire lives, we aren't truly living.

Life is all about learning, loving and joy. Regardless of how these happen, they still happen. Like the famous quote: "Every cloud has a silver lining", that is how I approach life. And especially travel.

I travel to see the world. To learn more about myself. And to learn more about others.

Life isn't always about our own self, but rather the people, places and things we do experience and have relationships with. That is travel.

And that is life. Travelling fills my life with such joy and hope and I only hope to do more of it. Because why wouldn't I want to live my life to it's fullest?

- xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment