We all have something inside that we cling to, that makes us who we are.
It is what's missing when we're feeling lost, what makes us feel happy, and what ultimately helps guide us through our lives.
And it can be summed up with one word.
You live by it, you know it's a part of you, but most of us have a hard time figuring out what it is. We experiment with a different variety of personalities and interests until we finally realize what is the one thing that we keep turning back to.
For me, it's passion. A passion for learning, experiencing and feeling every moment as much as I can. A passion for the one I love, the people in my life and the family I have made along the way.
Living without regrets. Telling someone I love them. Doing something that scares me.
Passion is what gives me courage, what helps me speak my mind and to be true to myself.
I have this fire inside me that drives me and keeps me going. I have lost it once or twice in my life. I have also met people that have ignited it more than I could've ever imagined. I felt the happiest and laughed more than I can remember during those times.
Those are the moments to hold onto. And those are the moments that make me smile when I am crying, make me laugh when I am sad and help me find my way, when the way out just seems impossible.
Passion is my soul. It is who I am. I can't do anything in my life that I am not passionate about, because I would be lying to myself. I trust my gut feelings, regardless of the outcome. I know if I don't take the risk I will regret not knowing the outcome. I would rather know than not jump in and experience what could have been.
It is a passion for what may be; I guess I am a hopeless dreamer and will always believe in forever and happy endings. I know this because when I think of instances like those, I smile and my whole body and mind seem at peace. Like I am calm and quiet. The chaos of the outside world just drifts away and for those moments I am truly happy. It is this drive, this feeling, this passion, that keeps me true to myself.
One word is all it takes to define me. What's your word?
- xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment