Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Change.

You've got one life/Don't stop, live it up!

Such powerful words for me. They have such meaning behind them and yet they are so simple.

I am made to feel as though I need to take every opportunity to move somewhere new, start new friendships, relationships and possibly find my career path. I have done this before and it was one of the most amazing, life-changing experiences for me.

So why do I hesitate in moving now?

I guess the first reason is I have nothing to move for. Before, I moved for an education program. And because of that program, I made friends, experienced new things and ended up becoming a better person. This time though? I don't know what to expect.

This could be good or bad.

I, of course, think of the bad reasons first; mainly because of what happened in Spain. I could feel alienated and alone. I don't do well when I feel lonely. I tend to shut down. I know this isn't a good thing, but I have been struggling to deal with it for a long time.

Then again, the alienation could help me break out of this shell I've gone into and meet new people, who in turn, would inevitably help me re-discover my passion for life.

Sigh. The dilemmas hey?

Either way I know I need to make a pretty significant change in my life to spark some new life and passion into my everyday routine. Even changing jobs and apartments, while keeping the same friends and city won't be enough. I need a complete change. And I know it.

And, it scares the hell out of me. All of it - the change, the new experiences, the 'what ifs'. Especially the 'what ifs'.

But, if we all lived our lives by only doing what makes us comfortable, what sort of life would we have? We would miss out on the amazing experiences that are out there ready for us to reach out and take them.

I want to believe that doing the things that scare us make us stronger. Because if something scares us, there must be something about it that is different. And different is good. And very often necessary.

It's up to us as individuals to step up and bravely take on whatever it is that we fear.

Only then will we grow as a person.

-xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment