Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cartoons ROCK!!! :-)

The best way to feel young again is to go to the theatres and watch a cartoon. And these days cartoons aren't just for kids anymore. No, no, no. I'm talking about "The Incredibles", "Kung Fu Panda", the "Ice Age" and "Shrek" trilogies and of course more recently "How to Train your Dragon". The latter I am IN LOVE with!!

It is the classic tale of how something can be misunderstood before you actually take the time to understand them, but this time with the cutest dragons EVER. Ok well one cute dragon, and a couple really big and ugly dragons that somehow seem cute by the end of the movie. Or maybe I think that because I'm a girl? Who knows. At any rate, I recommend this movie to everyone, all ages, and especially if you're looking for a smile or perk in your day.

I honestly feel that cartoons keep us young. They revert us back to our childhood where we innocent and happy all the time, without all the stress and havoc of our daily adult lives. They are a welcome break and an easy vacation from reality, and they always have a great underlying message to them. Like I said, they're not just for kids anymore.


Take "How to Train Your Dragon". The story about a boy, Hiccup, who wants nothing more than to be like all the other vikings in his village - a dragon killer. Then he meets "Toothless", an 'extremely dangerous' dragon who befriends Hiccup and shows him that dragons really just want to be loved and taken care of, just like a house pet. The story gives the overall message of not judging a book by it's cover, but there is more to it than that. Besides being a feel good kids movie, the story also shows adults that sometimes kids do know a little more than us because they are innocent and non-judgemental and see the world as an adventure rather than a chore.

I think sometimes our day to day lives can leave us skepical, bitter and a little judgemental to things we may not understand right away, and Disney/Dreamworks cartoons are great "vacations" from reality. They let us relive a bit of our childhood, however brief the break might be, and let us remember what it was like to be stress free and happy go lucky. These are 2 feelings I wouldn't mind experiencing more often.

For this reason, I have a pretty extensive cartoon collection for whenever I am feeling blue, stressed out or just want to feel 'young' again. (I used ' ' there because I'm only 25 so young is a relative term for me).

I highly recommend "How to Train Your Dragon", and any other cartoon to anyone who needs a smile, a giggle and just a brief vacation from their everyday reality. Trust me, you'll be happy you took the time for yourself.

- xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment